Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does a custom order take?
- About 15-20 days for a lace front wig
- About 20-30 days for a silk top lace front wig
- About 30-45 days for a full lace wig
- There is no extra fee for a custom order
3. If I do a custom order and I do not like it can I exchange it?
- If you are not satisfied with your custom order you will be issued a store credit. With your store credit you are free to chose to purchase a wig from available stock or do another custom order.
4. What is the difference between a Sotai Silk top wig and a lace wig?
- Our Sotai Silk top wigs are our signature product. The are known to be the most realistic wigs on the market because they have more of a flesh textured scalp and flesh appearance.However, our lace wigs are very realistic as well because they are constructed with very tiny knots. The decision to purchase a Sotai Silk top wig over a lace wig is a personal choice based on what you think looks more realistic. Most beginner wig wearers purchase the lace wigs.
5. What hair products do you recommend?
We HIGHLY recommend your purchase the following products:
- As stated in the hair care book that you received with your order, it is important that you keep the hair moisturized. Dry hair will cause tangling which in turn could lead to shedding long term.
- For every full price wig order, The House of Wigs offers a repair or replacement of extremely damaged units within 30 days of receipt of the purchase of the unit. This may be subject to the cost of the construction or reconstruction, customization, and shipping. This replacement or repair is conditional and is offered only as a courtesy ( as opposed to a warranty), upon our fairly subjective standard of normal wear and tear use.
8. I am not comfortable cutting the lace, can I request that the lace is cut before it is shipped?
- Yes. When you order a wig you wI’ll receive a confirmation email. Respond to the confirmation email by simply stating these exact words “ I am requesting that the lace be cut on my wig. By making this request I am acknowledging the fact that I am aware that once the lace is cut there will be no exchanges or refunds or store credit, as the wig is final sale at that point.”
9. I am in Chicago and would like my wig installed, can you help?
- Yes. We are more than happy to assist you with a soft install when you purchase any new luxury wig from our collection. A soft install does not include any work done to your natural hair such as braids, ponytails etc. You will need to arrive with your biological hair ready for installation in either braids or a low tight and flat bun. A soft install merely includes helping you put on a wig cap, positioning your wig correctly on your head and securing it with either (1) the adjustable band and clips, (2) wig grip (3) hairspray or hair gel or (4) House of Wigs Lace Glue.