What I want is out of stock!
- If the wig you want is out of stock in a certain length, color, or size you can order it through our custom order link. Chose all the desired specifications and at the bottom type in the wig name.
How long Does a Custom Order Take?
- About 5-10 days for lace front wigs with color from catalog
- About 30-45 days for lace front wigs with custom color
- About 30-45 days for a silk top lace front wig
- About 45-60 days for a full lace wig
Do Custom Order Cost more than Wigs in Stock?
- There is no extra fee for a custom order
What is the difference between a Sotai Silk Top Wig and a Lace Wig?
- Our Sotai Silk top wigs are our signature product. The are known to be the most realistic wigs on the market because they have more of a flesh textured scalp and flesh appearance. However, our lace wigs are very realistic as well because they are constructed with very tiny knots. The lace has a translucent scalp. The decision to purchase a Sotai Silk top wig over a lace wig is a personal choice based on what you think looks more realistic. Most beginner wig wearers purchase the lace wigs.
Lace Front Wig cap construction is very natural-looking, creating an invisible hairline and giving the illusion of hair growing right out of your scalp. Lace Front Caps have lace in the front and traditional wefts in the back. In the front lace area, you can part your hair freely. For the weft area, the cap is comfortable and durable. Our lace front wig has clips and combs pre-sewn into the cap and an adjustable strap in the back which can be tightened an inch.
●Natural-looking front hairline
●Closed weft with elastic net inside of the cap
●Clips/Combs already sewn in
●Competitively less expensive
●More durable because of wefts in back
Full Lace Wigs are 100% hand-tied human hair wigs. Each hair is hand-tied onto a lace base to create the most natural hair growth and provide a super soft fit. With a full lace wig, wherever you part your hair, you will have the natural appearance of scalp. A full lace wig imitates most successfully the natural movement of real hair and can be worn in a variety of styles such as a high ponytail or updo. A full lace wig takes 40 hours of work to make, so they are pricier.
●Allows a free parting anywhere
●Natural hair movement
●Can be worn in a high ponytail or updo
●Delicate because of hand full hand tie
What Hair Products Do you Recommend? What hair products do you recommend?
We HIGHLY recommend your purchase the following products:
My wig is tangling, what should I do?
- As stated in the hair care book that you received with your order, it is important that you keep the hair moisturized. Dry hair will cause tangling which in turn could lead to shedding long term.
Is there some type of Warranty on your wigs?
- The House of Wigs does not offer a warranty, but offers a discounted repair. Customers can pay a fee to have their wig repaired. This fee may be the cost of the construction or reconstruction, customization, and shipping. This option is subjectively conditional and is offered only as a courtesy ( as opposed to a warranty).
I am not comfortable cutting the lace, can I request that the lace is cut before it is shipped?
- Yes. When you order a wig you wI’ll receive a confirmation email. Respond to the confirmation email by simply stating these exact words “ I am requesting that the lace be cut on my wig. By making this request I am acknowledging the fact that I am aware that once the lace is cut there will be no exchanges or refunds or store credit, as the wig is final sale at that point.”
I am in Chicago and would like my wig installed, can you help?
- Yes. We are more than happy to assist you with a soft install when you purchase any new luxury wig from our collection. A soft install does not include any work done to your natural hair such as braids, ponytails etc. You will need to arrive with your biological hair ready for installation in either braids or a low tight and flat bun. A soft install merely includes helping you put on a wig cap, positioning your wig correctly on your head and securing it with either (1) the adjustable band and clips, (2) wig grip (3) hairspray or hair gel or (4) House of Wigs Lace Glue
How Do I choose a density for my wig?
- Here is the list from lowest density to highest. 130%-150% (low density), 180% (standard medium thickness) 200% -250% (thick volume). Also we included a photo to show you some of our common densities. (We recommend 130 or 150 for older women or for women with thin hair and who want their thin hair to resemble their wig).
What is the difference between Thin Italian and HD Lace?
- The HD lace is the lace used in the film industry for movies actors etc. It is invisible .The thin Italian lace is very similar, but it is a grade thicker. It more durable and last longer, so this is the standard lace we use.
How do I choose the length for my wig?
Wigs are available in different lengths. You can order lengths from 6 inches to 30 inches.
Wig length is the measure of hair strands from the crown to where the hair will land. The measurement conveys where the hair will fall once it is installed.
A 20 inches hair length means the unit will end at 20 inches from the crown of your head. For straight hair, this is easy to understand. The wig length is simply the length of hair strands on the unit that has straight hair.
For curly and wave wigs, the hair needs to be stretched straight to get the exact measurement. This is because the curly texture makes the hair look shorter than its actual length. So a curly texture unit might appear to be 16 inches even when the length of hair strands is between 17 to 18 inches. We suggest to order curly hair at least 2 inches longer than your desired length.
There can also be slight variations in this measurement depending on the hair texture you have, how the unit has been installed and your physical features.
How to measure a wig length
You can refer to this hair length chart to understand where the hair will fall on your body.
Depending upon your height and physical features, there might be slight variations.
You can refer to this hair texture chart to decide what type you need. If there’s no texture listed on the chart that you want, you can provide pictures of a hair pattern and we can make it accordingly.
WAVY: Silky soft hair with medium depth waves. Will
return to original texture after being washed.
STRAIGHT: European hair and is very fine and silky to the touch.
CURLY: Silky soft hair with small depth spiral-like curls.
Will return to original texture after being washed.